Our track record over the last 7 years
Dear Fellow Taxpayer:
The three of us have been fighting for taxpayers for 16 years. In the “early years,” it was lowering car tab taxes and limiting property taxes. Those efforts have save taxpayers $26.06 BILLION so far (through 2013).
But in the last 7 years, our mission focused on protecting taxpayers from tax increases. And during that time, we got an initiative on the ballot 7 years in a row:
* 2007’s Initiative 960 reestablished the 2/3 vote requirement for the Legislature to raise taxes. We qualified and despite being radically outspent, the voters approved the initiative. NOT A SINGLE TAX INCREASE WAS IMPOSED IN 2008 AND 2009.
* 2008’s Initiative 985 pushed Olympia to improve transportation using existing taxes instead of raising taxes. We qualified, ran a shoestring campaign, but the voters decided against it. AGAIN, NO TAX INCREASES IN 2008.
* 2009’s Initiative 1033 capped the growth of government, preventing tax increases without a vote of the people. We raised money but it wasn’t enough, so Tim loaned the campaign $250,000 from a home loan and we qualified. But we were radically outspent and voters said no. AGAIN, NO TAX INCREASES IN 2009.
* In 2010, the Legislature repealed the 2/3 requirement and we responded with Initiative 1053 which reinstated it. We raised money but it wasn’t enough, so during the signature drive, Tim again loaned the campaign $250,000 from a line of credit secured by a 2nd mortgage on his home. We qualified and 65% of voters approved it. NO TAX INCREASES IN 2011, 2 SMALL INCREASES IN 2012.
* 2011’s Initiative 1125 put strict limits on transportation taxes, especially tolls. We qualified but voters said no. AGAIN, NO TAX INCREASES IN 2011.
* 2012’s Initiative 1185 renewed the 2/3 requirement, heading off an inevitable repeal effort by the Legislature. We qualified and it received more votes than any initiative in state history. 2 SMALL TAX INCREASES IN 2012.
* 2013’s Initiative 517 protected the initiative process. It qualified but voters said no. 5 RELATIVELY SMALL TAX INCREASES IN 2013.
That is a remarkable track record of protecting the citizenry from tax increases! Our top priority has always been the qualification of the initiatives (as our 7 year track record of success illustrates). Getting them on the ballot has proven incredibly effective at keeping politicians on a short leash. We hope you appreciate our efforts.
We hope that we’ve proven our commitment to “the cause.” The best example of that are Tim’s loans – they were essential to qualifying. But because they always left us with huge, ongoing burdens, and since there were only so many dollars coming in from our supporters, funds that went to paying off those loans were not available to go to our own compensation.
None of us is independently wealthy – the money we receive is used for home mortgages and other family expenses. We’ve worked really hard and been very effective for the past 16 years. In these final months of 2013, we ask that you please contribute so the three of us receive compensation for our efforts in 2013.
Please click on the donation button below and contribute NOW!
We ask that your please support us
If you appreciate our past efforts and want us to continue fighting for taxpayers, please send your most generous contribution. You can click on the DONATE BUTTON below – and do a secure by PayPal, VISA, or M/C. Or, you can fill out the form and send us a check or credit card donation of $10, $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2500, $5000 or more (there are no limits on the amount that can be given). Either way, please send in your most generous donation RIGHT NOW. And please consider a monthly contribution through the end of December for our fund. We ask you to please help us help taxpayers.
Thanks to all of you and our efforts working together, we were very successful at protecting taxpayers this year. As for our compensation fund, we would be extremely grateful for any financial assistance you can offer.
Best Regards, Tim Eyman, Jack Fagan, & Mike Fagan, Fighting for Taxpayers for 16 Years
We hope you agree with Teddy Roosevelt who said:
The Man in the Arena, Theodore Roosevelt